Greenzone Solutions, Inc
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2021-02-23
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is a fast-growing small business dedicated service provider to the Federal government. Our company is always looking for individuals that want to bring their positive attitude, technical aptitude, and exceptional ability to our fast-growing, data-focused organization. We strive to have great people from diverse backgrounds join us; not just because it makes us stronger, but it's the right thing to do. If you have your own unique experiences, in-demand skills, and a desire to contribute in a meaningful way, we want you to apply!We have an immediate need for a Business Intelligence Lead to help our Federal client in facilitating and maturing their Data Analytics program within the Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO). This involves leading execution and ensuring that the strategy and vision of the Office of Chief Data Officer (OCDO) is delivered within the client's expectations.Responsibilities
- Leads business intelligence team and manages overall initiation, planning, execution, and monitoring/controlling of multiple business intelligence projects and facilitate closing/hand-off to operations and maintenance (O&M) where necessary.
- Provides project oversight and coordination to ensure all business intelligence projects are prioritized in alignment with the client's expectations and business needs, and ensure resources are allocated appropriately.
- Becomes a trusted advisor for the client by building key relationships through excellent communication skills and providing valuable insight on business intelligence and analytics best practices to stakeholders within the organization.
- Assesses current processes and implements recommendations to improve processes where gaps are identified within business intelligence activities; formalizes and matures business intelligence processes in alignment with industry and domain standard frameworks.
- Tracks the activities of business intelligence consultants, analysts, engineers, specialists, and subcontractors to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Promotes a business intelligence culture within the organization; works with program and project managers as well as project teams to ensure knowledge is shared, and advocates for team performance, development, and accomplishments.
- Conducts analyses and make data-driven recommendations that significantly affect the content, interpretation, and/or development of major programs and policies as needed.
- Develops polished and high-impact persuasive data outputs and presentations that enable strategic decision-making by senior leadership.
- Meets with vital agency leaders and sponsors, collaborating with other consultants and advising organizational personnel, regarding the development of innovative business intelligence and analytics techniques.Requirements
- with the ability to obtain and maintain a government suitability clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in School of Business, Information Technology, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical or functional discipline
- Minimum of 5 years' experience leading business intelligence or analytics projects
- Experience delivering business intelligence or analytics solutions (data visualization, reporting, etc.) including infrastructure considerations (e.g., data engineering processes)
- Experience incorporating project status updates into leadership level reports and findings as well as actionable advice for senior management
- Have a deep understanding of visual analytics best practices, development processes, and leading BI & analytics tools and technologies (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, ThoughtSpot, etc.)
- Proactive mindset, reliable, and organized; can effectively manage one's own time among competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and technical writing skills with the ability to effectively communicate data and methodologies in plain language with business audiences; can facilitate change management at all levels
- Federal government consulting and/or contracting experienceDesired Skills:
- DHS clearance strongly preferred
- Federal government consulting and/or contracting experience preferred
- Experience with Tableau and/or Databricks strongly preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Tableau Desktop, or other relevant certifications preferred
- Experience advancing business intelligence and analytics within an organization through a variety of approaches including standardized metrics, enterprise-wide dashboards, and data education, training, and literacy initiatives preferred
- Experience working within an Agile and/or Scrum environmentWork Location: Camp Springs, Maryland (Due to COVID-19, on-site client work has been suspended until further notice)BenefitsAt GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees. - provided by Dice