Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium
Posted Under: Juneau, Alaska jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 99812
Posted On: 2021-02-23
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS in Juneau, Alaska - Careers at Juneau DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS in Juneau, Alaska - Careers at Juneau Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS Job Locations US-AK-Juneau Job ID 2021-4987 Category MARKETING Type Regular Full-Time/80hrs (1.0 FTE) About Us: SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement. Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it's a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more. Job Overview: The Director of Marketing and Communications , under the direction of the Senior Vice President is responsible for the implementation of the overall management of the marketing and communications strategy for SouthEast Alaska Health Consortium (SEARHC) . Responsibilities:
- Implement all SEARHC communications plans, strategies, programs, and services including executive communications, internal communications, media relations, and Consortium positioning and crisis management.
- Ensure Consortium communications integrate and reflect the SEARHC mission and vision, firmly establishing the SEARHC identity with internal and external audiences.
- Provide strategic media oversight, public relations management, consultation, and communication management.
- Oversee the overall image and brand of SEARHC sites and services, positioning SEARHC favorably in targeted local and regional forums, venues, and publications.
- Manage and create content for corporate marketing collateral, website/blog/social media, and other initiatives.
- Manage creative production of online and offline marketing assets, graphic design, video production and web development, from the initial concept to finished product and execution.
- Implement a proactive strategic marketing, communications and public relations plan(s) that are supportive of SEARHC's strategic goals and objectives.
- Direct marketing efforts aimed at increasing business and market share for SEARHC and its key sites, service lines and related parts including creative development and design, production and launch of all mediums including TV, radio, print, web, and direct to consumer
- Manage the external communications program; develop strategic public relations plans and implement an effective media relations program. Establish and maintain relationships with key media to coordinate coverage and to improve communication of the organizational position
- Anticipate and identify which communications issues are most appropriately handled at the administration level and provide consultation or seek collaboration with others as the situation dictates
- Oversee the establishment of contingency plans for possible crises or special issues including development of core messages and position papers, identification of appropriate spokespersons and media training
- Leads a results-oriented team that embraces and drives change, builds the desired culture, supports, and enhances the Mission and strategic direction of SEARHC and ultimately results in employee retention.
- Develops and manages the SEARHC communications operating budget. Qualifications: Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field.
- Master's degree in related field is preferred Experience:
- Ten (10) years' experience leading a marketing communication function for a multi-location organization--
- Minimum of five (5) years successful senior, corporate level experience in developing and implementing comprehensive media relations and communication strategies, brand management, public relations, and internal communication.--
- Health care experience is preferred; non-health, service-oriented industry experience given strong consideration Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Highly intelligent, intuitive, proactive, articulate, charismatic, and collaborative leader; highly organized and self-motivated with a direct and open communication style.
- Outstanding verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills (including active listening); excellent presentation and facilitation skills .
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency with rapid response capabilities, on constricted timelines, and able to manage multiple projects with varying priorities simultaneously.
- Politically astute, creative thinker and problem solver with exceptional abilities to introduce and influence ideas.
- Proven track record of working collegially with superiors, subordinates, and peers in a team-oriented environment.
- Outstanding analytical, strategic planning skills, and solid business acumen.
- Proven track record of cultivating and maintaining relationships with media; providing proactive leadership of the communications function in an organization with broad community visibility.
- Adept at working with and meeting requests by executive leadership; a willingness to provide counsel as well as listen and take direction.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization comfortably and present to internal audiences, physicians, media, administration, and external vendors.
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), social media platforms, desk top design, publishing, and layout; and expert knowledge of print production processes (Photoshop, Quark & InDesign) . Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Refer this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS