Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd.
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2021-02-23
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will find the contact information to request the appropriate accommodation by visiting the following page: Business Analyst, Journeyman (AcqDemo Workforce Project Support)* Title: Journeyman, Business Analyst (AcqDemo Workforce Project Support) Location: Arlington, VA Job Responsibilities:
- Provide Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo) Initiative Support
- Assist the SAF/AQH plan, implement, and evaluate the implementation of the Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). This project is designed to show that the Department of Defense Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics workforce can be improved by providing civilian employees with a flexible, responsive personnel system that rewards employee contribution and provides managers with greater authority over personnel actions.
- Assist with implementing the AcqDemo initiatives for the Air Force Acquisition Community
- Support may include, but not be limited to the following topics:
- Create orientation, familiarization, and training material (briefings, training presentations and aides, web site material, position and talking papers, etc.) and tailor and present the material (orientation, training, etc.) to intended USAF Acquisition Enterprise audiences
- Develop briefings for MAJCOM, Air Staff, and other component personnel. Briefings ensure the maintenance of support for proactive AcqDemo workforce management practices and policies
- Analyze workforce statutes, draft and passed legislation with respect to AcqDemo, and policy and develop recommendations in coordination with Army, Navy, and DoD offices engaged in AcqDemo and acquisition career management policy development and guidance Qualifications:
- Master's Degree plus 4 years of related experience OR Bachelor's Degree plus 6 years of related experience OR a High School Diploma plus 10 years of related experience
- Strong experience with the Federal Civilian Acquisition Workforce system
- Experience supporting DOD programs
- Experience supporting SAF/AQ, HQ USAF environment or DoD preferred Odyssey Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Journeyman-level Business Analyst (AcqDemo Workforce Project Support) to provide the SAF/AQX organization, and other Headquarters Air Force organizations, support in the development and maintenance of strategic plans, which will allow agencies--to establish a linkage among planning elements such as mission, vision, goals, objectives, strategies, and performance management initiatives. We will provide support in aligning organizational investments in people, technology, and capital to the overall strategies while assisting in the development and articulation of the agency's strategic vision with the corresponding mission, business, and performance measures. Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd.--is an innovative small business committed to providing--world-class--technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support. Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,--including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training. #LI-POST Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)