Posted Under: Vienna, West Virginia jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 26105
Posted On: 2021-02-23
Copyright (c) 2019 MAXIMUS. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2019 MAXIMUS. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2019 MAXIMUS. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2019 MAXIMUS. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2019 MAXIMUS. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2019 MAXIMUS. All rights reserved. Careers - Human Resources Director in Falls Church, Virginia - Careers at US - VA - Falls Church 3120 Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Human Resources Director Job Locations US-VA-Falls Church Requisition ID 2021-60358 Posted Date 2 days ago (2/18/2021 10:20 PM) # of Openings 1 Job Function Human Resources Job Schedule Regular Full-Time Job Description Summary Maximus is seeking a Human Resources Director to join its Human Resources team.---The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, analysis-driven environment and willing to take on new challenges across the company.
The Human Resources Director, reporting to the Vice President of HR for Maximus Federal will be responsible for partnering with business leaders to align strategic HR and employee focused objectives with business strategies.
This position is located at our Federal office in Falls Church/Tysons, VA, however it is also eligible to be a remote position that would require working from a home office, in which candidates may be located anywhere within the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
---Acts as a key advisor to Business Unit Leadership and other key members of the team. Participates as part of the leadership team for the development and execution of business strategies and goals.
---Guides management and employee actions through policies and processes; communicating and enforcing organization values.
---Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
---Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
---Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
---Leads compensation processes for internal equity, external competitiveness and differentiation through pay for performance including Focal Point and Bonus programs.
---Develops and implements communication programs designed to engage the workforce to focus on key strategies and priorities.
---Develops and implements employee relations, performance management and succession plan for organizational effectiveness. Coaches and counsel's leadership on policy matters and investigates and advises on compliance issues. Leads separation process.
---Manages Human Resource Team to meet and exceed organizational objectives. Utilize competency-based models to develop, evaluate and compensate Human Resource staff.
---Identify, develop, and analyze critical employee information reports to identify employee related trends and solutions important in achieving business goals.
---Ensures the accuracy of Workday, iCIMS and other human resource tools by working closely with corporate Human Resources.
---Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations Identifies critical human resource and organizational issues and takes appropriate actions to develop and implement solutions.
---Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
---Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
---Advanced degree preferred, but not required. Preferred field of study in human resources, management, or organizational development
Background & Experience Required:
---10 years of related human capital experience
---10 years of leadership/management experience
---5-10 years of experience working in Technology Consulting firm preferred
---Ability to work in a team environment, problem solving at both the management and employee levels, multi-tasking, setting priorities and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
---Ability to establish strong relationships with management and influence same to take action on human capital initiatives.
---Fundamental understanding of business acumen and financial terms, processes, and objectives
---Strong analytical, writing and communication skills required.
---Solid communication and interpersonal skills
---Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
---SPHR or PHR Certification preferred Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a key advisor to the VP of Operations and other key members of the VP's direct staff.
- Participate, as a member of the senior management team, in the development of Project business strategies and goals.
- Translate business strategies and goals into human resources initiatives that ensure that employees have the skill sets and compensation systems necessary to support their implementation.
- Direct recruitment and hiring efforts to ensure compliance with MAXIMUS policies, federal and state laws.
- Direct the Human Resources staff in the performance of their duties, establishment of work priorities, and the implementation of management initiatives.
- Utilize competency-based models to develop, evaluate and compensate Human Resources staff.
- Participate with corporate Human Resources staff, as required, in the development and administration of benefits programs, compensation structures, compliance and reporting functions, performance management, new hire orientation, and employee relations.
- Direct and control the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Report to Senior Director or VP level. MAXIMUS Introduction Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status. Apply/Socialize Apply for this job online Apply Share Refer this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started. Interested in this opportunity?
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS